THE COV CODE
1. Jesus The Way, The Truth, The Life.
John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
2. Grace We recognize that grace is sufficient for salvation
and necessary for our daily lives.
Ephesians 2:8-10 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Titus 2:11 For the Grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
3. Word Scripture is inspired, trustworthy, and applicable in everyday life.
2 Peter 1:20-21 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets,
though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
4. Authenticity We strive to be real with God and each other, bringing our whole self to the journey.
Ephesians 4:22-24 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
5. Community We are a diverse multigenerational and loving church where we can enjoy community and
everyone is valued and Needed.
1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
6. Drive We are passionate about the Gospel and actively seeking the face of God to share with the
world around us.
Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
COV'S 5 BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS
1. Worship (Magnification): Loving the Lord our God with all our heart, spirit, mind and strength as directed by the New Testament teaching about worship with active participation by all.
John 4:23 (NIV) "Yet a time is coming and had now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks."
2. Fellowship (Membership): Loving each other deeply as brothers and sisters in the Family of Christ to overcome isolation and loneliness with encouragement and compassion.
Ephesians 2:19 (NIV) "Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household..."
3. Discipleship (Maturity): Learning together through an integrated life maturity process to mature in Christ-like character through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 4:13,15 (NIV) ''Until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ...Instead speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Him who is the Head, that is, Christ."
4. Service (Ministry): Meeting the needs of the family of Christ with love through sharing in the opportunities for everyone to serve as God has gifted each one.
Romans 12:5-6 (NIV) ''...so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us."
5. Outreach (Mission): Sharing the good news about Jesus Christ through our words and actions with our neighbors locally, regionally and throughout the world.
Acts 1:8 (NIV) "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."